What daily habits do we need to have beautiful skin? Here are 10 great habits that will really make a difference:
1. Use the correct cleanser for your skin type. For dry skin, use a moisturizing face wash. For oily skin, use a cleanser that gently removes all dirt and grime from the skin.
2. Hydrate. It is so tempting to grab a cup of coffee when you first get up, try a big glass of water. Better yet try some alkaline water you make yourself. Just add lemons, cucumber, mint, and ginger to a pitcher of water and refrigerate. You have a great morning drink that will put your PH level back on track. Just add more ingredients as needed. This water should last you about a week.
3. Maintain a healthy diet. Our skin has a natural barrier to retain moisture, and essential to that is omega-3 fatty acid. Flax seeds on your salad or even walnuts will be an instant boost to your omega-3, thus increasing your skin's ability to hold onto moisture.
4. Moisturize day and evening. The best times to moisturize are right after you get out of the shower and right before you go to bed. Avoid lotions with heavy fragrances and be sure you find a moisturizer gentle enough for every day use with zero irritation and toxin and chemical free.
5. Don't touch your face. This is very important. It doesn't just spread bacteria and cause breakouts — it can lead to scarring, and increase wrinkles.
6. Don't use too many products. Simplify! Too many products can result in more breakouts and clogged pores.
7. Wear sunscreen! It's the daily UV exposure that contributes to the visible signs of aging. Choose a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a SPF of 30 or greater — and remember that it needs to be reapplied every 2 hours.
8. Hydrate--any way you can. A lack of water means less radiance and more sag. Choose products (cleansing, moisturizing, and anti-aging) that have hydrating formulas. And, of course, drink around eight glasses of water a day.
9. Exfoliate at least 2-3 times a week. We lose 50 million skin cells a day, and without a little help, they may hang around leaving the skin sullen.
10. Keep it simple. Find a cleanser and a moisturizer that work for you, and let them be the core of your routine.